To ensure no lives are lost while on patrol, assist members to achieve their full potential and support the community.
- Work in conjunction with Council lifeguards to administer first aid and assist the public who use Soldiers Beach and surrounding areas;
- Study and train in the methods of life saving and first aid;
- Educate and instruct all members in the elements of surf safety and awareness;
- Provide efficient life saving and first aid equipment to support the club’s objectives;
- Provide members of the Club with opportunities to improve their ability to engage in SLSCC, SLSNSW, and SLSA competitions;
- Have a Youth Program designed to encourage junior activity members and their families to remain actively involved with the Club;
- Operate in an environment where at all times the safety of children is paramount;
- Assist the local council in improving the facilities for the community;
- Provide all members of the club with equipment and facilities to support their involvement with club activities;
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for all club members and users of the club facility;
- Adopt best practice in the administration, financial and general operations of the club;
- Have a one club approach to all activities;
- Participate as a member of SLSCC, SLSNSW and SLSA.
2014-19 Strategic Plan
Soldiers Beach SLSC’s 2014-19 Strategic Plan ensures that SLSCC will remain relevant and committed to our mission, which is consistent with our governing bodies – Surf Life Saving Central Coast, Surf Life Saving NSW and Surf Life Saving Australia. It can be downloaded from the attachment section below.
The Executive Committee is responsible for the management of all aspects of the club and has wide ranging operational, financial and management powers to undertake this task.
The Executive Committee as elected on the 14th of August 2016 is;
|Deputy President||Jim Buckton|
|Director of Administration||Jacqui Godier|
|Director of Finance||Renea Donaldson|
|Director of Lifesaving||Shane Walker|
|Director of Lifesaving Education||Jim Buckton|
|Director of Surf Sports||Alexandra Coppen|
|Director of Youth Activities||Jodie Freeman|
|Assistant Director of Lifesaving||David Waddell|
Committee Meetings are held on the 3rd Sunday of each month at the club.
Club Constitution & Annual Reports
The Club currently adheres to its 2004 Constitution which can be downloaded below.
The Clubs 2015-16 Annual Financial Report can be downloaded below.