What is Pointscore?
- Training & social competition aimed at improving fitness & surf skills with flags, sprint, marathon (about 1.5km), swim, board, ski & the occasional fun event such as board rescue and water flags.
- Run on a handicap system, so everyone gets a fair go, regardless of ability.
- Points & handicaps are awarded for the first five place-getters.
- Participation points are awarded for any honest attempt at an event.
- Prizes are awarded at the Senior Presentation Night at the end of the season.
- Minimum attendance required for prize eligibility is 16 out of a possible 32 Pointscore days (or 50%).
If you need a bit of a push to improve your swim fitness for requal, then come along and join in.
It’s always fun, there is plenty of encouragement, water safety & individuals only do as much as they want to.
Rules as per competition manual, accessible through SLSNSW website. Note U14 members may step up as per the competition manual but must have their SRC.
All events are held rain, hail or shine. Water events will be rescheduled if surf conditions are dangerous. Beach events will only be rescheduled if conditions such as l ightening make it dangerous to be on the beach.
Please note due to insurance, risk assessments and water safety requirements to participate in Senior Pointscore you must be a financial member of Soldiers Beach SLSC and currently have your SRC or BM.
Please come early to help set up when you can, so that we can start on time.